There is a lot to do in our our area, with beaches, river, lagoon, mountains and more. Please visit our local Tourist Office for info regarding to activities, events and more. Harold Porter Botanical Garden is worth a visit. “This beautiful, secluded Garden is set between mountain and sea, in the heart of the Cape Fynbos region within the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve. It consists of 10 hectares of cultivated fynbos garden and 190.5 hectares of pristine natural fynbos. The Garden Estate is the natural part of the garden with several kilometres of nature trails providing scenic views of forests, mountains and coastline.” However, if you want to explore Cape Town and the Winelands area, we are within easy reach of everything.
Things to do in Kleinmond
- Hike the Palmiet River Trail: This easy-to-moderate hike follows the Palmiet River through the beautiful Palmiet Nature Reserve. The trail offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding mountains. There are more trails and some serious climbing to do!
- Visit the Harold Porter National Botanical Garden: This beautiful garden is home to a wide variety of indigenous plants and flowers, as well as an aviary, a herbarium, and a tea garden.
- Go whale watching: Kleinmond is located on the Whale Coast, and is a great spot for whale watching. The best time to see whales is from June to November.
- Play a round of golf: The Kleinmond Golf Course is a popular spot for golfers, offering 9 holes with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and ocean. Arabella golf course is close by, offering 18 holes.
- Kayak on the Kleinmond Lagoon: The lagoon is home to a variety of bird species, and kayaking is a great way to see them up close.
- Visit the Kleinmond Beach: The beach is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Go wine tasting: The Western Cape is home to many excellent wineries, and Kleinmond is no exception. There are several wineries in the area that offer tastings and tours.
- Explore the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve: This protected area is home to a diverse array of plant and animal life, and is a great spot for hiking and nature photography.
- Take a drive along the Clarence Drive Scenic Route: This beautiful drive takes you along the coast, with stunning views of the ocean and the surrounding mountains.
- There are wild horses that freely roam the wetlands of the Rooisand Nature Reserve. Watch them as they graze in the shallow marshy land.